20001221: Unidata McIDAS 7.70 update information (cont.)

>From: Thomas Mote <address@hidden>

Tom,

>Did you ever find out anything regarding the setup for ADDE server with
>the xinetd present in RedHat Linux 7? I asked about this, and made the
>changes you suggested. (I don't have access right now to the machine where
>I saved that I e-mail or i would have included it.)

Yes.  Right after you clued me in to the changes in RedHat 7.0, I dove
into the xinetd configuration problem.  I have _not_ upgraded mcinet7.7.sh
to handle RH 7.0, but I did put together a short blurb on how to setup
this OS to run the remote ADDE server.  My write-up on this is in the
Notes and Warnings section on Linux:

Notes and Warnings
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/mcx/warnings_mcx.html
  RedHat 7.x xinetd Configuration
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/770/mcx/warnings_mcx.html#xinetd

>I tried what you suggested. It allwoed me to telnet to port 500 and 503,
>but client systems running McIDAS couldn't access the ADDE server.

Could I login and take a look?  My tests on our RH 7.0 machine were successful
using the xinetd.d/ files that I list in the above web document.

>Just wondering...

I am glad to know that you finally got my 7.70 update information note.
It looked like your mail system was misconfigured for awhile as we were
getting bounce indications.

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Dec 22 10:21:16 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001221: Unidata McIDAS 7.70 update information (cont.)

Tom:

I am away from the office but will let you take a look when I return.
maybe I should just try installing the new version of 7.7 first.

I'm not sure why there was a problem with e-mail. Nobody else has
indicated a problem. Curious...

Tom