20001218: write errors to mcidas directory after 17:52 today

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

Robert,

>By the way, the probloem started on psnldm today when ldmfail
>switched the feed...so apparently these XCD processes are
>hanging.

Presumably the problem on the x86 box is the same: when ldmfail
runs and tries to shutdown and then restart the LDM.

Since nothing has changed in XCD, I would say that the problem is in
the LDM not killing off the XCD processes when it is told to exit.
I will touch base with the LDM folks about this tomorrow.

Tom