20001216: McIDAS-X 7.7 installation at NIU (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: I was totally confused; I didn't read your first message carefully at all

>Hmmm. I'll check around to see why that is.

What I meant to say was that yyyy machine is not running RedHat 7.0
Linux.  For some reason, when I wrote my reply I was thinking that you
had told me that you had upgraded your box to RH 7.  I guess that I
have RH 7 on the mind since it changed some basic stuff that I have to
deal with.  Sorry for the confusion.

re: built 7.70 on weather
>OK. Thanks! BTW, By doing a "sfclist.k IL" on the command line tonight, it
>bombed by saying there was no data from my non-McIDAS account.

Bombed or simply told you that it could not see data?

>That seemed
>to have worked before. Do it in McIDAS, and it works just fine.

Sounds like a DATALOC problem.  Do a DATALOC LIST to see who you are
trying to access surface data from.

re: rad is consuming a chunk of CPU
>Yessir. We ingest the Kavouras 1 KM, 48 color radar mosaics (at about 500
>KB per file). I make about 16 sectors sequentially after each image comes
>in every 5 minutes using WXP's "rad" program. When there is a lot of stuff
>happening (ala tonight), the load goes through the roof. Well, I get load
>averages of around 3, anyway.

Right, that is about what I saw.

>Thanks again for 7.70! I really appreciate this!

Your are welcome.

Tom

>From address@hidden Sun Dec 17 14:42:50 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001216: McIDAS-X 7.7 installation at NIU (cont.)

Tom,

> What I meant to say was that yyyy machine is not running RedHat 7.0
> Linux.  For some reason, when I wrote my reply I was thinking that you
> had told me that you had upgraded your box to RH 7.  I guess that I
> have RH 7 on the mind since it changed some basic stuff that I have to
> deal with.  Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. There have been so many problems with 7.0 that I am waiting
until 7.1 for them to be fixed. I learned that with 6.0...the ".1" and
".2" versions of Redhat are on the ones to get. Yep, you must have been
talking with someone else about 7.0, because I just run 6.2. I assume
after I upgrade to 7.1, that it still will work.

> >OK. Thanks! BTW, By doing a "sfclist.k IL" on the command line tonight, it
> >bombed by saying there was no data from my non-McIDAS account.
>
> Bombed or simply told you that it could not see data?

Could not see data.

> >That seemed
> >to have worked before. Do it in McIDAS, and it works just fine.
>
> Sounds like a DATALOC problem.  Do a DATALOC LIST to see who you are
> trying to access surface data from.

OK. Thanks again for all your help....it is greatly appreciated. May you
and yours and those at UNIDATA have a safe and awesome Christmas and a
super 1901! Er, 2001, sorry. :-)

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***