20001215: McIDAS-X 7.7 installation at NIU

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>OK, quick question...can you please do me a favor and install McIDAS-X/XCD
>7.70 on my machine? The logins/passwords you should have...I will email it
>separately to address@hidden, if you are willing.
>
>Thanks for all your help!

OK, I did this on weather, but this machine does not appear to be a 7.70
box.  The reason I say this is that it is still running inetd, and
7.70 no longer runs inetd.

I built and installed 7.70 and tried to make that I addressed the XCD
upper air decoding concerns.  A quick look at XCD and the remote ADDE
service indicates that things are running correctly, but I won't "bless"
the installation until things have run for awhile.

By the way, I noticed that 'rad' was typically consuming over 50% of
the CPU on weather.  Does this see correct to you?

Tom