20001027: McIDAS-X Binaries?

>From: Chris Novy <address@hidden>

Chris,

>I've found the binaries for McIDAS-LDM but is there a place for McIDAS-X
>and McIDAS-XCD binaries.  Our Sun systems don't appear to have the necesary
>compilers to make the package.

We do not make binaries avaiable for McIDAS-X since they would be too
large.  You can use gcc and f2c to build McIDAS-X, however, so you
can get the compilers you need without having to buy them from Sun.

Please check out the Notes and Warnings section of the Unidata McIDAS-X
web pages

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/760/users_guide/warnings_mcx.html

for more information on use of gcc and f2c.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Mon Oct 30 10:30:34 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001027: McIDAS-X Binaries?

Thanks!  ..Chris..