20001023: McIDAS-X 7.6 MCGUI

>From: "Kenji Matsuura" <address@hidden>

Kenji,

>One of our mcidas users started using MCGUI and he asked me this question (I
>do not usually use mcidas myself).   When he tries to save an image, a
>pop-up window comes up and says "Image Save not yet implemented".  I am
>wondering whether this means that the saving function is not incorporated in
>MCGUI or this is something that needs to be configured.

It means that the MCGUI does not support saving the file.  You can, however,
save the file from the command mode of McIDAS (either the MCTEXT or MCGUI
Command Windows) by using the FRMSAVE command.

>I suggested him
>that he still could use SVGIF or SVPS at  command line.

Yes, exactly.  I suggest you also advise your user to use FRMSAVE instead
of SVGIF as SVGIF has been removed from Unidata McIDAS-X 7.70 (not yet
released).  Also, the 7.70 version of FRMSAVE can save McIDAS frame contents
as PostScript (tm), so SVPS is going away also.

>If you could give me any suggestion, I would appreciate it.

You gave your user the correct information.

>Thank you for your help.

You are welcome.

>Kenji Matsuura
>--
>"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
>you do it."  --Mahatma Gandhi
>Kenji Matsuura, Ph.D.            e-mail: address@hidden
>Center for Climatic Research     phone : (302) 831-4976
>Department of Geography          fax   : (302) 831-6654
>University of Delaware
>Newark, DE 19716
>USA

Tom Yoksas