20001002: upgrading to the ldm-mcidas pnga2area decoder (cont.)

>From: Erick Lorenz <address@hidden>

Erick,

re: DMGRID was turned off

>This is strange.  I don't think I checked DECONFO LIST after my last
>restart of the ldm but DMGRID was active since yesterday.

It wasn't active when I logged on.  That is why GRID files were not being
produced.

>Also new grid files are coming in since you activated DMGRID but there are
>still two ingetext and two ingebin processes running.
>
>So is having two of each going to be ok or do I still need to find out why
>and correct it.

This is how it should be.  One copy of each is the parent, and one is the
child.  The parent consumes virtually no resources, so you don't need to
worry about it.  Be warned, however, that killing either the parent or
the child kills both.

Tom