20000925: Compiling .pgm programs

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>Chris Schmidt sent me a new version of the program mddpi.pgm
>to run on mcidas. (Newer than the version on mcidas 7.7, he
>says, although we have 7.6 right now).

Interesting.  I tried to merge the XRD version of mddpi.pgm into my
7.7 distribution, but it would just blow up when run.  Perhaps you
(or Chris) could give me the latest/greatest version so I can
give the merge another try?

>I can't recall how to
>compile a .pgm program. There's probably nothing to it, right?

Right.  How you do this will depend on how your McIDAS distribution is
setup.  If, as I seem to recall, you added your local code build stuff
to the McIDAS makefile, then all you need to do is add this routine to the
manifest (i.e., add an entry for mddpi.pgm into the list of your local
programs, and also add an entry like:

mddpi.k                : mddpi.o $(LIBDEPS)
                       @$(L) -o $@ $(main_o) mddpi.o $(LIBARGS)

that tells make how to build the executable.

After your make file has the appropriate mddpi entries, all you need
to do is:

make mddpi.k
ln mddpi.k ~/bin

Tom