20000904: problems unpacking McIDAS-X update

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I downloaded the latest McIDAS-X bug fix and ran ./mcunpack.
>When I did a make mcx it bombed saying I did not have a full
>distribution,,that PROGRAMS.DAT and PROGRAMS.PROG were missing.
>I redid mcunpack and I see these errors:
>
>tar: ../data/PROGRAM.DAT: cannot link
>tar: ../data/PROGRAMS.PROG: cannot link
>
>I ftp'ed the file again and got the same result.

Try it again.  The failure is somewhat of a mystery, but I found the
cause.  I had included these two programs in my list of flies for
mcupdate.tar twice.   The second time through tar simply tries to
link the file instead of actually unpacking them again.  It was the
link that was failing on your machine.  I edited my manifest of files
for the update and remade the tar file, so things should be good to go
now.

>Thanks,

Sorry for the hassle.

Tom