20000803: Old OS/2 McIdas System (cont.)

>From: "E. A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle,

>IMGDISP works fine without any DAY specification.

Excellent.  Since this works, give the following a whirl:

DATALOC ADD RTGINI adde.ucar.edu
DSINFO I RTGINI
SF 1
IMGDISP RTGINI/GW1KVIS STA=CYXE MAG=-3 EU=IMAGE REFRESH='EG;MAP H'
SF 2
IMGDISP RTGINI/GW1KVIS STA=CYXE MAG=-2 EU=IMAGE REFRESH='EG;MAP H'
SF 3
IMGDISP RTGINI/GW1KVIS STA=CYXE MAG=1 EU=IMAGE REFRESH='EG;MAP H'
LB 1 3
DR 3*10
TERM L ON

What do you think?  1 km VIS imagery is pretty nice, huh!?

>I seem to remember updating some of the command files a few months ago so
>they would work with the 4-digit date specification. I have another version
>of SFCPLOT which seems to work o.k.

OK, sounds good.

>Anyway I am now able to display lots of satellite imagery.

Excellent.  How is the time lag?

>How do I plot surface and upperair maps & meteorograms?

ADDE access to data:

You said that you have a version of SFCPLOT that works OK. Does your
SFCCON work OK?  You would use it to controu surface data.  Upper air
data is plotted by RAOBPLOT and contoured by RAPBCON.  Meteorograms
are plotted with SFCMG.

Look at the helps for these commands and play around with adding a
4-digit year specification for the DAY of the data and see if you
can't do what you want.

Tom