20000620: compiling McIDAS on RedHat 6.2 Linux (cont.)

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>We're making significant progress. It's installed, and it has compiled all
>of the .c files and some of the .f files. However, it failed when
>compiling nv2tanc.f. :

Strange.  What happens in the build is that the navigation and calibration
'dlm' modules like nvxtanc.dlm get linked to copies whose names follow
nv1tanc.f, nv2tanc.f, nv3tanc.f, and so on.  To get to the point of
compiling nv2tanc.f you would have had to have already compiled nv1tanc.f.

>mcfc -c -O -I. -I../netcdf/libsrc nv2tanc.f
>./mcfc: Can't reopen pipe to command substitution (fd 4): No child
>processes
>nv2tanc.f:
>   nv2initanc:
>   nv2saetanc:
>   nv2eastanc:
>   nv2opttanc:
>gcc: /tmp/.c: No such file or directory
>gcc: No input files
>compile        nv2tanc.f:              FAILED

>I looked at the file nv2tanc.f, and it looked like a perfectly un-corrupt
>file. Any ideas?

Did you try running make again right after the failure?  If so, does it
continue or keep failing the exaxt same way each time?

>Thanks,

Is the machine accessible by the net?  If so, can I get the 'mcidas' login?

Tom