20000615: RTGINI ADDE access and Unix scripting of ADDE comamnds (cont.)

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

re: new ADDE, DODS, IDD relay, Mass Store access server machine

>That is fantastic Tom.  The neat thing about the GINI data
>is that it is ready to display without being remapped to a conformal
>or mercator projection, and we still have the raw AREA files
>that come over the IDD for manipulation. and detailed cloud temp
>analysis in which you are sure the geography is correct.

Right.  I am still trying to find more sites receiving NOAAPORT GINI
imagery that would be willing to host an ADDE server so we can spread
the access load throughout the community (not that the machind in
question will be breathing hard, mind you :-).

>BTW I have found that I had to add:
>dataloc.k ADD RTGINI ADDE.UNIDATA.UCAR.EDU
>
>to my script when run as a cron job, but that it is no needed
>when it is run outside of cron..Why is that?

The DATALOCations entered in the environment in which the script runs
are are most likely located in ~mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT and there is
nothing in your script that tells McIDAS to look there to find the
information.

I suggest that in addition to MCDATA, MCPATH, etc. you define
MCTABLE_READ and MCTABLE_WRITE in your shell script (export them
along with MCDATA, MCPATH, etc. also).

BTW, in the 7.7 release I am including a skeleton Unix Bourne shell
script that has (hopefully) all of the bases covered in terms of
McIDAS environment variable definition (including MCTABLE_READ,
MCTABLE_WRITE, and MCCOMPRESS).

>Hope the construction doesn't foil the fall workshop.

Me too!

>Thanks,

You are welcome.  Talk to you later...

Tom