20000512: gribdec.k not properly decoding specific humidty in NCAR grib files(cont.)

>From: "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Jennie,

re: update on gribdec.k decoding of SHUM grib files from NCAR

>Yes, thanks, I followed the discussion, until I went and
>looked at the mccode decoder directory where I found
>the file gbtbpds001.2vx had a "scale factor" of 2, but
>it didn't look like the files had ever been changed since
>I installed them?  You had said (snipped)
>
>  What I will do is:
>
>  o change the scale factor in gbtbpds001.2vx back to 2
>  o change the output unit to KGKG
>
>did you and Owen work somewhere else?

The copies of the tables being used by gribdec.k are in ~mccode/mcidas/data.
This is the MCDATA directory for the user 'mccode' and, rightfully, is
the first directory in its MCPATH.  The ordering in MCPATH determined
that these tables be used in the decoding.

>Anyway, the point
>is, if we re-decode these GCIP eta grids we got from NCAR,
>we still need to change the gbtbpds001.2vx from 2 to 5, right?

Yes, it is already done in ~mccode/mcidas/data/gbtbpds001.2vx.

>It won't happen until Owen returns from Boulder anyway
>(next week), so its not a big deal right now.

OK.