20000421: shared memory on FreeBSD

>From: "Tim Loomis" <address@hidden>

Tim,

Sorry I havn't been able to respond to you sooner, but I was out
yesterday, and I didn't get your voicemail until mid-morning today.  In
general, it is much better to send email to address@hidden
since I read support's inbox every night.

My system administrator is out today, so I have not been able to get
the exact procedure you will need to follow to increase the amount of
shared memory on your FreeBSD system (I believe that it will require
you to build and install a new OS kernel, but I am not 100% sure).  I
will forward you the info.  as soon as I get it.

In the meantime, however, you might be able to do some simple checkouts
by starting a McIDAS-X session with one image/graphic frame:

mcidas -f -16

(the default I send out in Unidata McIDAS-X creates a .mcidasrc that
will start a 17 frame, 480x640 session; the '-f -16' will take away 16
of those frames)

I am assuming, of course, that there will be enough shared memory in
your default setup to start a one frame session.

Tom Yoksas