20000412: Problem reading MD file FTPed from UW archive (cont.)

>From: Mark Anderson <address@hidden>

Mark,

I created a new McIDAS program, MDFIX, that can be used to fix up MD
files from the Unidata-Wisconsin data archive that are missing LAT,
LON, ZS, ST, and CO values.

The source code for the routine, mdfix.pgm, can be FTPed by anonymous
FTP from our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu, from the pub/mcidas
directory.  In that directory is a README.mdfix file that contains
instructions for the mods you need to make to your
~mcidas/mcidas7.6/src/makefile in order to build the MDFIX executable,
mdfix.k.  It also contains information on installing the executable and
help files.

I have tested MDFIX on both big endian and little endian platforms
using the files that you made available by FTP earlier today.  I can
plot data from these files using SFCPLOT:

SFCPLOT T NA 0 DAT=AM/SFCOBS.1 DAY=1999339

etc.

MDFIX is really simple to use:

MDFIX mdf

Here 'mdf' is the number of the MD file that you want to fix up.

Let me know if you have any problems building or installing the MDFIX
executable.

Tom