[LDM #RSB-786449]: LDM Config Issues

Joe,

I vectored your inquiry into our support-email tracking system.

> Not quite sure if you will remember me from the LDM7/Multicast research
> with UVA,

I remember you. You're one of our intrepid volunteers. :-)

> but I'm having some issues building the latest release of LDM at
> Rutgers.
>
> Is it odd that in the config.log that LDM is not seeing that it is within
> /home/ldm/, as it is within a user account called 'ldm'?
>
> #define LDMHOME "/home"
> #define LDM_LOG_DIR "/home/var/logs"
> #define LDM_VAR_RUN_DIR "/home/var/run"
> #define LDM_QUEUE_DIR "/home/var/queues"
> #define LDM_QUEUE_PATH LDM_QUEUE_DIR "/ldm.pq"
> #define PQACT_CONFIG_PATH "/home/etc/pqact.conf"
> #define LDM_CONFIG_PATH "/home/etc/ldmd.conf"
> #define PQACT_DATA_DIR "/home/var/data"
> #define PQSURF_DATA_DIR "/home/var/data"
> #define PQSURF_QUEUE_PATH LDM_QUEUE_DIR "/pqsurf.pq"
> #define PQSURF_CONFIG_PATH "/home/etc/pqsurf.conf"

We've seen this before. It's usually because the LDM installation instructions
weren't followed closely enough. You'll likely have to start from scratch.

Does the environment variable LDMHOME exist in the LDM user's environment? If
so, what's its value?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RSB-786449