[LDM #ZXN-455947]: LDM RPMs?

Jason,

> I work for a local media outlet, and one of our partners is converting
> a feed we use to an LDM-based feed.

Gratifying!

Are you with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation?

> I'd like to install LDM on a CentOS box,

The LDM is known to work under CentOS 5, 6, and 7.

> and I'd prefer to use an RPM
> if it's available.

As would we all. Unfortunately, yum(1)/rpm(1) isn't the only package
management system and we don't have an automated system for generating the
multiple distribution formats that would be necessary.

> I saw RPMs documented, but there doesn't seem to
> be a current RPM on the FTP server. There's an older debuginfo RPM,
> but not a core ldm RPM for the latest version.

Correct. That was a bit of an experimental one-off to investigate what it
would take to support a binary distribution system.

> I'd be happy to build the RPM myself if there was an SRPM available.
> Any guidance would be much appreciated!

> I found the ldm.spec file, so I'm trying to build an RPM now.

Great!

>  I'll let you know if I run into any difficulty.  Thanks!

I'm an "advanced beginner" when it comes to rpm(1), so please feel free to
make any suggestions.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZXN-455947