[LDM #CFG-797475]: NOAA - LDM Issue

Russ,

> I don't think our backup site is configured to get anything from
> "madis", we never had a firewall rule for "madis".  It must be strictly
> NOAAPort.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying. You indicated earlier that
you didn't have any REQUEST entries in your LDM configuration-file. Later,
your LDM log file indicated that a downstream LDM on your system, which was
started by a REQUEST entry, couldn't connect to the LDM on host
"ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov". Now you're saying your backup site (what backup
site?) doesn't request from "madis" (not ldm.madis...) and you seem to be
saying that you shouldn't have any REQUEST entries in your LDM configuration-
file.

I'm confused. Would you please explain.

> So I should be configuring with "--with-noaaport"  ?
>
> If the NOVRA is transmitting data to the adapter on my server, I should
> be able to see it with ldmadmin watch? I see nothing with ldmadmin watch.

Does your LDM configuration-file have the necessary EXEC entries for the
noaaportIngester(1) program? You can read more about that at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/noaaport.html>.

> My IP remained the same; the hostname may have been messed up earlier (
> someone else built the server for me last week ).  Now the server name
> and IP address match what is seen in DNS.

That should allow you to REQUEST data from an upstream LDM providing that
LDM has a necessary ALLOW entry in its configuration-file. Executing the
previously-mentioned notifyme(1) command will tell you if it does.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CFG-797475
Department: Support LDM