[LDM #BXQ-199970]: Re: LDM access to data feeds

James,

Absolutely horus.atmos.ucla.edu should be able to feed from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu!
If it can't then something is very wrong.

I wonder if access to port 388 is being blocked by a firewall somewhere. Can you
execute the following command on Horus as the LDM user and tell me what it does:

    telnet idd.unidata.ucar.edu 388

Enter control-D to terminate it.

> I'd like to get confirmation whether horus.atmos.ucla.edu still has
> permission to receive data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu and
> aeolus.ucsd.edu. Our main collection server, indra.atmos.ucla.edu
> currently is down(awaiting systems administrator to look at it). In the
> past, horus had ldm access, but when I tried to get a feed, what I saw
> in the log is the following:
>
> 20170118T160338.793297Z idd.unidata.ucar.edu[9700] NOTE
> error.c:236:err_log() Upstream LDM didn't reply to FEEDME request; RPC:
> Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: BXQ-199970
Department: Support LDM