[LDM #WLE-664327]: GEMPAK support

Hi Steve,

So, what Kevin did works, but the question is why his specifying
the fully qualified pathname for the same FILE action did not.
I recall that one or two other users reported the same kind of
thing (fully qualified pathnames in FILE actions not being
processed properly), so when Kevin reported his problem, I got
suspicious that something else is going on.

Question:

- what would be the best way to test to see if there is something
   unexpected going on?

- I have never used the '-log' option on FILE.  Could the log message
   shed some light on what may have been happening on Kevin's machine?

On 11/19/2016 09:22 AM, Steve Emmerson wrote:
> New Staff Reply: GEMPAK support
>
> Kevin,
>
> That will work.
>
> Good luck.
>
>> I managed to get it to send data where I wanted it by changing my
>> registry and pqact to the following
>>
>> Registry
>>
>> <pqact>
>> <config-path>/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf</config-path>
>> <datadir-path>/</datadir-path>
>> </pqact>
>> <pqsurf>
>> <config-path>/usr/local/ldm/etc/pqsurf.conf</config-path>
>> <datadir-path>/</datadir-path>
>> </pqsurf>
>>
>> Pqact
>>
>> HDS
>> ^(..)(..).. .... (..)(..)
>> FILE
>> data/gempak/\1/\2/(\3:yyyy)(\3:mm)(\3:dd)T\4.txt
>
> Regards,
> Steve Emmerson
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: WLE-664327
> Department: Support LDM
> Link:
> https://andy.unidata.ucar.edu/esupport/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=27701

* Tom Yoksas                                      UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                           P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                    Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *

Ticket ID: WLE-664327
Department: Support LDM