[LDM #SUE-998047]: LDM Bandwidth Limit

Greg,

Thanks for the explanation.

The LDM is designed to use whatever bandwidth is available.

If you start the LDM with an empty queue, then its subscriptions will, by
default, start with the last hour's worth of data. Because the data is all
available at the upstream site, this can use most of the available bandwidth.

If you're on a Linux system, then the tc(1) utility can be used to limit
bandwidth usage.

> We are very bandwidth limited on our internet connection here at the
> National
> Weather Service office in San Angelo, TX.
>
> If you go online to www.speedtest.net we can test our internet
> connection speed.
> With LDM not running the speed is 4.0 Mbits/Second download
> With LDM running the speed consistently drops to 0.3 - 0.6 Mbits/Second.
> Our internet download speeds will even drop so low that we have
> difficulty keeping
> up with Windows Updates.
>
> All office PC's internet connection speeds plunge when the second I
> start LDM on
> a server in the back room. The PC's internet connection speed again
> returns to
> normal when LDM is stopped.
>
> Is there some way to limit how much bandwidth is consumed by LDM?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: SUE-998047
Department: Support LDM