[LDM #VSD-498175]: trouble compiling ldm 6.13.3 + RCM data in motherlode nwstg files

Hi Brendon,

The failure to build LDM 6.13.3 is very odd. The Perl script to install the LDM
registry failed because the regutil(1) utility didn't have a definition for the
global variable "log_level", which is defined in the file "log.c", which was
compiled and added to the LDM library against which regutil(1) was linked.

This should not have happened.

Is there any chance I could log onto the system in question as the LDM user in
order to diagnose the problem?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about RCM files. I'll pass your question
around.

> Hello,
>
> I noticed some errors in the make.log file when trying to install ldm
> 6.13.3.  I've attached both the make.log & config.log for reference.
> System is running CentOS 6.8
>
> We are upgrading because we are experiencing issues ingesting old data
> acquired from motherlode (we had a scheduled power outage on 7/16/16)
>
> When we ran the following command (via ldm 6.12.14):
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/pqing -l - -q /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq -f ddplus
> 16071611.nwstg
>
> it appeared to work, but did not actually place files in expected locations.
>
> Also, RCM files appear to be missing in the nwstg files downloaded from
> motherlode.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VSD-498175