[LDM #EIW-321327]: Updating ldm

Carol,

This reply is for a couple of emails ago.

The configure-script's "--enable-logging=..." option should only be used if you
intend to use the system logging daemon for logging. If you don't specify the
configure-scripts's "--with-ulog" option, then the system logging daemon won't
be used.

IF used, the "--enable-logging=..." option takes an argument that specifies the
facility that LDM programs will use when they send log messages to the system
logging daemon. Valid arguments are "local0", "local1", "local2", ...,
"local7". The default if the option isn't specified is "local0".

> So after making sure that the new version of ldm was running properly on
> fog.ssec.wisc.edu, I've decided to try and install it on 4 other
> machines. Now I'm working on amrc.ssec.wisc.edu.
>
> When running the configure
>
> './configure --enable-logging'
>
> I'm getting the following error 'configure: error: Header-file not
> found'. Then I don't think the make install is working correctly and I
> get the following when I try to do the root stuff 'make: *** No rule to
> make target `root-actions'.  Stop.'
>
> Any ideas? Maybe I'm unpacking the download file incorrectly?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EIW-321327
Department: Support LDM