[LDM #EIW-321327]: Updating ldm

Hi Carol,

re:
> It looks like the installation didn't work. I'm still running 6.12.14.

OK.

re:
> I have sudo privileges so can I try the following in the /home/ldm
> directory?
>
> sudo 'make root-actions"

No, the procedure to install and switch over to a new version of the LDM is:

- download the new LDM version to the HOME directory of your 'ldm' user

- unpack the new version

- CD to the new version's source directory

- run:

  configure
  make install

  NB: if you have the 'root' password or if 'ldm' has 'sudo' capability
  you will be able to specify the super user credentials in both the
  'configure' and 'make install' steps; if not, 'root' can run the
  last step (make root-actions) from the source directory (e.g.,
  ~ldm/ldm-6.13.2/src) of the new installation).

- CD to the HOME directory of user 'ldm'

- stop the LDM

  ldmadmin stop

- change the runtime link

  rm runtime
  ln -s ldm-6.13.2 runtime

- start the new LDM version

  ldmadmin start

I suspect that you already did the needed 'root' actions (make root-actions)
for the new build, but you forgot that you have to cut over to the newly
built LDM version.

Ticket ID: EIW-321327
Department: Support LDM