[LDM #CWA-506895]: Bug in LDM 6.13.7

Gilbert,

> > What happens when you execute the command "pqutil -r -f ANY -w
> > /home/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq
>
> Basically, what happens is an "ldmadmin watch". Data scrolls up the screen
> as normal.
>
> But, when I type in "ldmadmin watch" afterwards, I get the same core dump
> error. Weird!

Very Weird.

The fact that the command works suggests that the problem is with the Perl
interpreter: an "ldmadmin watch" just composes and executes the pqutil(1)
command after checking for a running LDM (i.e., "ldmadmin isrunning"). Here's
the relevant section of ldmadmin(1):

elsif ($command eq "watch") {   # monitor incoming products
    while ($_ = $ARGV[0]) {
        shift;
        /^-f/ && ($feedset = shift);
    }
    if (!isRunning($pid_file, $ip_addr)) {
        errmsg("There is no LDM server running");
        $status = 1;
    }
    else {
        system("pqutil -r -f \"$feedset\" -w $pq_path");
        $status = $?;
    }
}

What does the command "ldmadmin isrunning && echo Yes" do when executed by the
user gilbert?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CWA-506895