[LDM #JSH-709228]: Installing without syslog (local logging only)?

Gerry,

The autoconf(1) macro AC_CHECK_FILE is used to check for the system logging
daemon's configuration-file. The macro expands into "test -r ...". If you
replace those strings with "test -e ..." in the configure(1) script, then it
might work.

> I'll look at it, probably early next week.
>
> Thanks, Steve. I'll send you results when I get 'em. NOT looking for the
> daemon should be on the list, and I think I can hack that part of it,
>
> And, actually, no, after more legwork, I discovered we use rsyslogd. But
> the permissions on its conf file are 600, so I can't read it without root
> permissions.
>
> Is there a config option in there I've missed (I'm seriously multitasking)
> to NOT use syslog logging, but rather the stand-alone? If so, I'll hack
> that area. If not, one might appear.
>
> gerry

Regards,
Steve Emmerson