[LDM #JSH-709228]: Installing without syslog (local logging only)?

Gerry,

1. Execute the configure(1) script with the option "--disable-root-actions";
2. Build and install the package; and
3. Have someone with root privileges who trusts you execute the command "make
root-actions" in the package-specific, top-level source-directory.

Enjoy!

> Steve, Tom
>
> I'm installing on a VM at UTexas/TACC, and do not have root or sudo access.
> In other words, I need to do local ($LDMHOME) logging only. configure isn't
> happy when I don't have either sudo or root access, so either I've
> forgotten something or I need a suggestion for a work-around.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Hope the snow's cooperating today. Sounds like the last week or so has been
> brutal.
>
> gerry

Regards,
Steve Emmerson