[LDM #DIL-286118]: pqact EXEC for creating sym links

Neil,

The PIPE I/O is buffered by the O/S. It's about as fast as you can get.

Are you ingesting NEXRAD2 (i.e., NEXRAD Level II) data? If so, then we might be
able to help with a script we wrote here to composite a volume scan.

> Thanks Steve.
> Probably as no surprise to you, these script processes will overwhelm the ldm
> very soon with climbing load factor.
>
> I believe it was decided when ingesting the standard plus dualpol NIDS data
> that a buffering ‘STDIOFILE -close’ should be used instead of ‘FILE -close’
> as it would have a better chance at keeping up with the inflow.
>
> Should a buffered I/O somehow be incorporated with this script?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DIL-286118
Department: Support LDM