[LDM #ADA-874007]: This is driving me nuts!

Hi Gilbert,

re: have you looked at the PATH in-scope for 'ldm' on weather3 and can it be
shortened?

> I did shorten it, actually.

OK.  When?

re:
> use what you have now, just add that path back
> and let's see what happens without doing anything else.

Will do.  I had finished changing ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf 'make_index' and
'prepend_file' actions when I saw this reply.  I undid the changes I
had made so that there are simple references to each script in the
pattern-action file.   But, when I looked at ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin, I
saw that it already had the uncommented PATH twiddling line:

# Ensure that the utilities of this version are favored
$ENV{'PATH'} = "$ldmhome/ldm-6.12.15.17/bin:$ENV{'PATH'}";

I see that the time stamp on ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin is from yesterday:

% ls -alt bin/ldmadmin
ls: unparsable value for LS_COLORS environment variable
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ldm users 58274 Sep 24 14:20 bin/ldmadmin*

and I don't remember changing it yesterday.  Did you?

Anyway, I restarted the LDM, and have been watching the LDM log file
for errors related to 'make_index' or 'prepend_file'.  So far, I have
not seen any.

Ticket ID: ADA-874007
Department: Support LDM