[LDM #BOV-866570]: LDM crashes on noaaport.admin.niu.edu, then sends the load average skyrocketing

Hi Gilbert,

So, I modified a number of things on noaaport.admin.niu.edu to see if the
problem
with the LDM exiting after only running for a few minutes would go away, and
none of my changes had any effect.  I looked through the ldmd.log files to
see if there was any indication of what was going on, and one message (and
associated PID for the process) suggested to me that the problem might be
in the code that terminates redundant feed REQUESTs from downstreams.  In
order to test this hypothesis, I built a version of the LDM that did not
include this feature, and flipped the switch.  As I write this note, the
older LDM, v6.10.1, has been running for more than an hour, and the load
averages are extremely low.  I think that it is too soon to declare that
the problem area has been isolated, so I think we should continue to run
in the current configuration until tomorrow some time.

Ticket ID: BOV-866570
Department: Support LDM