[LDM #HEQ-649192]: LDM fault tolerance

Geoffry,

Information on the last, successfully-received data-product is stored on disk
by a downstream LDM. It is only "shared", however with the corresponding
downstream LDM of a subsequent LDM session (e.g., when the LDM is restarted).

The white-paper on our LDM cluster describes multiple LDM "backend" hosts each
receiving the same data streams. In such a situation, it's not necessary to
share information on the last, successfully-received product.

> > from the last successfully-received product (which it tracks)
>
> Where is that tracked? On disk? In memory? This seems like something that
> would be lost if the whole node was lost unless it was also tracked
> redundantly by the upstream node. Or it was configured to be stored on a
> durable and redundant drive. It sounds like I should explore keeping this
> information on a durable redundant store on the downstream-side so it can
> be shared by a node before it is completely terminated and a fresh
> replacement.
>
> Thanks!

Regards,
Steve Emmerson