[LDM #VLH-822247]: TDWR Product

Hi Warren,

Sorry for the slow response...

re:
> We've let the system run for a few days and have not noticed any change in
> our TDWR
> velocity product, it still returns the 'not a supported format' error.

To confirm, you did stop your LDM, delete and remake its queue, and restart,
correct?

re:
> I can confirm the
> error is returned for long range reflectivity (TZL), composite reflectivity
> (NCR), and
> all velocity tilts (TV0,TV1,TV2).

OK, thanks.

re:
> I went ahead and attached a NIDS file we received on the off-chance it is
> useful.

Thanks, this was very useful in narrowing down where the problem is likely to
be:

I extracted the file you sent and accessed it in McIDAS-X with no problems.
This tells me that there is likely nothing wrong with the file and so with
the LDM writing the file.  This leaves GEMPAK as the likely culprit.  I will
talk to our GEMPAK guru, Michael James, to see if he has any problems using
the file in GEMPAK.

re:
> At this point should I assume our LDM and/or GEMPAK build might need to be
> recompiled?

The test I just ran strongly suggests that there is nothing wrong with
your LDM, so I would concentrate on GEMPAK.

re:
> Or perhaps that LDM is working perfectly and consider this a GEMPAK issue?

Yes.  Again, I will get Michael to take a look at the TV0 image you sent
to see if our installed version of GEMPAK has any problems.

More later...

Ticket ID: VLH-822247
Department: Support LDM