[LDM #IGE-957111]: About LDM

Xiang,

In order to verify the system logging daemon, what is the output of the command
"ps -ef | grep syslog"?

The "configure" script should have discovered which system logging daemon is
being used. Did you execute the "configure" script?

Support for syslog-ng(8) was added in LDM 6.12.5. What version of the LDM
package are you using?

> Hi Steve,
> I did all the configurations. Then I start running ldm. But when I tried
> ldmadmin newlog to create log file, it came that:
> [ldm@fdt-uva etc]$ ldmadmin newlog
> hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/rsyslogd.pid
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
>
> So then I tried
> [ldm@fdt-uva ~]$ ls -l bin/hupsyslog
> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 11651 Oct 15 00:14 bin/hupsyslog
> [ldm@fdt-uva ~]$  ls -l /var/run/rsyslogd.pid
> ls: /var/run/rsyslogd.pid: No such file or directory.
>
> I found that current system log process is /var/run/syslog-ng.pid.
>
> So how could I configure LDM to let it recognize this system log daemon
> (syslog-ng.pid)?
> The problem didn't show up when the last time I used LDM, so it makes me a
> little bit of confused.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Xiang

Regards,