[LDM #EFY-891334]: Questions about memory management and the LDM

Mike,

I assume you're compiling "pqinsert.c" with the option "-DNO_MMAP".

I've modified "pqinsert.c" so that this will work. The next release will have
these changes.

Why, however, would you not want to use memory-mapping? Using memory-mapping
doesn't use any more physical memory or swap space.

> Steve I was able to fix the pqinsert code and get LDM to compile and install
> successfully with no MMAP.
> So far it’s working with an 8GB PQ and it’s doing well in our setup.
> I’ll keep you posted as I’m working from home tomorrow.  I’ll try and install
> something for conferencing and let you know how it turns out.
> How is your afternoon time line for a conference?
>
> I’m also attaching the code changes I made to support the compile and install.
> -Mike

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EFY-891334