[LDM #VVJ-331218]: LDM 6.11.7 Errors - exit LDM Not starting

Hi Russ,

I'm jumping in to add a couple of comments:

- we did remove the reference to your internal IP address from
  previous email exchanges we had with you, but you must remember
  that this was only from our stores.  We have no control over
  the exchanges that have been been made public by web crawlers.
  Eventually, these messages will disappear also, but we have no
  idea of when

- we didn't realize that you did not realize that one must stop/restart
  an LDM each time a change is made in the LDM configuration file,
  ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.

  Changes to existing pattern-action file actions, on the other hand,
  do not require a restart of the LDM to become active.  Instead, one
  can force a re-read of the pattern-action files in use by:

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin pqactcheck           <- always check for gross errors (e.g., typos,
                                   etc.)!
  ldmadmin pqactHUP             <- forces all active pattern-action files to
                                   be reread and modifications to become active

Russ Lancaster wrote:
> I didn't know our emails were going to be on the web.  I actually have
> no problem with that, because I also use the web to "google" support
> issues.  In the future I will scrub my emails to you and "x" out the
> leading octets id the IP addresses.  Then they can be posted for others
> to view.
>
> We restarted LDM on our FOS server and the access began working......I
> guess ldmd.conf is read into memory?
>
> Thanks

Ticket ID: VVJ-331218
Department: Support LDM