[AWIPS #EPU-122499]: nexrad2 edex

Justin,

How NEXRAD2 data-products are composited into complete scan volumes is,
necessarily, specific to the NEXRAD2 decoder being used. The various packages
(GEMPAK, McIDAS, AWIPS II) have their package-specific decoders.

I don't know how AWIPS II handles NEXRAD2 data-products. Perhaps Michael does.

> Thanks Steve.
>
> I know NEXRAD2 comes in parts. With GEMPAK, you wait for all the parts and
> then I thought you compress it (maybe old versions of ldm?). Is this required
> for edex as well or is it able to read the individual parts?
>
> I didn’t see information on how to handle this type of situation on the the
> link you provided, so I wanted to inquire further.
>
> Also of note, and I mentioned this to Michael as well, there seems to be
> issues with CAVE localization on my computer. Even though CAVE shows on the
> GUI that I am using OAX and your edex server, when I type in, $rpm -qa | grep
> awips2-localization, I receive information saying I am using the BOU
> localization (which explains why WarnGen is displaying). I have tried
> restarting CAVE multiple times, but it still says I am using BOU
> (awips2-localization-BOU-14.2.1-16n9.noarch).
>
> Attached is an image below.
>

> - Justin

Regards,
Steve Emmerson