[LDM #OQH-373319]: ldmadmin.lck

Justin,

[I drove your ldm-users inquiry into our support email tracking system in order
to answer it.]

> I am attempting to make a queue with ldmadmin, but run into the following
> error:
>
> [ldm@localhost ~]$ ldmadmin mkqueue -f
> getLock(): Cannot create/open lock-file "/usr/local/ldm/.ldmadmin.lck"
>
> I assume it has something to do with ownership. Does anyone know exactly
> what I need to change?

The error-message indicates that the ldmadmin(1) process couldn't create the
file "/usr/local/ldm/.ldmadmin.lck". This is likely due to the owner of the
process (the LDM user?) not having write permission for the directory
"/usr/local/ldm".

Who executed the command and what are the protection modes of the directory?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OQH-373319
Department: Support LDM