[LDM #VCF-686219]: LDM serial connection

Bill,

> Here is the line we have in our ldmd.conf.
> EXEC    "pqing -v -b 9600  /dev/ttyS0 -p none -l
> /usr/local/ldm/var/logs/wx.log -q /usr/local/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq"

I think that line should, instead, be

    EXEC "pqing -f <feedtype> -vl /usr/local/ldm/var/logs/wx.log -b 9600 -p
none /dev/ttyS0"

Where <feedtype> is the feedtype of the input (DDS, HDS, WMO, etc.). It can be
a feedtype expression (e.g., "IDS|DDPLUS").

You shouldn't need to specify the pathname of the product-queue and the input
entity should be the last argument.

Is /dev/ttyS0 really a TTY that needs baud-rate and parity specifications?

Is the input really in WMO GTS format with control-characters delimiting the
bulletins (see http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/head.php)?

> We started with
> EXEC    "pqing -v -b 9600 -n  /dev/ttyS0 -p none -l
> /usr/local/ldm/var/logs/wx.log
>
> We verified that data is reaching the  ttyS0 by oing a cat /dev/ttyS0.
> each product look like it is being tansmitted file with ZCZC CCCNNNXXX with
> the
> WMO on the next line.  The four NNNN at the end are there.
>
> However no products are showing up.  ldmadmin watch show nothing..
> What did I miss ?
>
> Bill

Regards,
Steve Emmerson