[LDM #EEM-529083]: proper config of ldmd.conf

Rodger,

In that cast, I suggest doing something crazy. Have two REQUEST entries in your
LDM configuration-file: one to an IDD LDM and the other to "localhost". As long
as your NOAAPORT ingest is working, neither of the resulting downstream LDM-s
will put much into the product-queue or require much overhead. As soon as your
NOAAPORT ingestion goes offline, however, the feed from the IDD LDM should go
into primary mode and deliver all the data.

Note, I haven't tried this, but I think it will work. Please keep me apprised.

> Not powerful enough to do all that we want. Actually, we've been looking at
> how to eliminate computers and reduce all the support (updating hardware,
> power, HVAC, IT, etc) that they entail. We are actively considering moving
> our operations to AWS and stop running local servers. Our challenge is that
> we would still have to run our NOAAPort system to extract products and push
> them to AWS. We're not sure if that would be cost effective given the amount
> of bandwidth. We started with one server 18 years ago and now run 8+. The
> cloud solution is enticing!

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: EEM-529083