[LDM #UGW-684103]: LDM Server Not Starting

Warren,

The partition for the LDM installation looks OK.

> Just got confirmation from our IT rep that we'll have to call their 'special'
> security guys monday to sort it out. This would also confirm that we have yet
> to open incoming TCP connections too. Would this be a problem since we are
> not an upstream host?

Well, you'll need to allow in incoming TCP connection to port 22 if I'm going
to ssh(1) into the system in question.

Because you won't be an upstream site, you won't need to allow incoming TCP
connections to the LDM port, 388.

> Thanks,
>

> Warren Pettee
> Undergraduate - Meteorology
> Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
> 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
> address@hidden | 336.257.9239

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UGW-684103