[LDM #ZAM-291133]: LDM-V6.11.7 Make Error

Warren,

> When trying to build the LDM the following error in the make output is
> returned:
>

> regutil.c:374:55: error: 'LOG_YES' undeclared (first use in this function)

The line on which the compilation error occurs is this:

      (void) openulog(progname, LOG_NOTIME | LOG_IDENT, LOG_LDM, "-");

Because the problem you're encountering has never been reported before, I
suspect that something in your environment is changing the definition of the
LOG_LDM macro from its default value of "local0"  to LOG_YES, which is
undefined.

Unfortunately, my regular computer is being repaired and the one I'm using to
answer your inquiry doesn't support viewing your attachments, which makes it
difficult to diagnose the problem. I recommend, therefore, a brute-force
approach. Please go to the top-level source-directory of the LDM installation
and send me the output from the command "fgrep -r LOG_YES .".

> config.log, configure.log, make.log are attached. I have compiled libxml2,
> PNG, zlib, and have perl-5.
>

> System Specs are: Ubuntu 12.04, x64, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 2.66GHz, 3.7GB
> RAM
>

> As far as I can tell, I have followed the build instructions closely up to
> this point. I have extracted the source into an ldm-6.11.7/src folder and
> appended the ldm user's .profile file with the following:
>

> export PATH=$HOME/decoders:$HOME/util:$HOME/bin:$PATH
> export MANPATH=$HOME/share/man:SysManPath
> . .profile
>

> Compilation took place as ldm user, which was configured to have sudo
> privileges. I have noticed that include, lib, and share directories were
> generated in the ~/ldm-6.11.7 directory.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Warren Pettee
> Undergraduate - Meteorology
> Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
> address@hidden | 336.257.9239

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZAM-291133