[LDM #OWC-960244]: pqing stripping byte

Carissa,

> Steve,
>
> Would you folks be willing to have a teleconference on this subject with
> NCEP? It would really benefit us to have everyone sit down and talk
> about what we are seeing.

The person here who knows the most about the data is Tom Yoksas. Unfortunately,
he's on vacation.

I know the most about the code (and a little about the data). If that's OK,
then you can call me at any time today at 720-579-6286 (I'm working from home
today so there's no good or bad time).

By the way, when, in my previous email, I said that pqing(1) "removes" the ESC
character (hex byte 1B), I meant that pqing(1) ignores that byte (in the sense
that it won't appear in the LDM data-product) if the byte appears before the
WMO start-of-bulletin character sequence "SOH CR CR LF".

> Carissa

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OWC-960244