[LDM #DLI-905086]: Can't get logging to work with LDm 6.11.6 on VM's

Hi Gilbert,

re: 32-bit GEMPAK decoders on a 64-bit OS
> What I mean is this: I compiled GEMPAK on vm-weather3. Shouldn't the
> program compiled as 64-bit by default?

Yes.

re:
> And if so, where are the decoders?

The GEMPAK decoders built on vm-weather3 are located in:

/home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin

These are _not_ copies of the decoders located in /home/gempak/decoders,
AND the decoders in /home/gempak/decoders are the ones that are
trying to be used from the GEMPAK pattern-action file being used
by the LDM on vm-weather3:

<user 'ldm' logged into vm-weather3>

cd

/home/ldm% which dcgrib2
/home/ldm/decoders/dcgrib2

/home/ldm% file /home/ldm/decoders/dcgrib2
decoders/dcgrib2: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

/home/ldm% file /home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/dcgrib2
/home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/dcgrib2: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18,
not stripped

It looks to me like the GEMPAK decode executables in /home/ldm/decoders
are copies from some other machine when they should be copies of
those built on vm-weather3.  Here is what I would do now:

<as 'ldm' on vm-weather3>

cd ~/decoders
cp /home/gempak/NAWIPS/os/linux64/bin/dc* .

This should take care of all of the GEMPAK decoders.  The next step
would be to replace the non-GEMPAK decoders in /home/ldm/decoders
with 64-bit versions built on vm-weather3.

Ticket ID: DLI-905086
Department: Support LDM