[LDM #FMC-646487]: feedtype

Sue,

An upstream LDM loses control over the dissemination of data-products once the
products are received by a downstream LDM.

We also have this problem. For example, distribution of the LIGHTNING data is
restricted to educational institutions. We have, therefore, notified receivers
of this policy and showed them how to ensure that the products don't get
redistributed outside the institution. The mechanisms for doing this are in the
LDM -- specifically in the ALLOW entries in the LDM configuration-file. Each
site must, however, implement the policy by appropriately configuring their LDM.

> Hi,
>
> Some of our EXP products get routed through a server that has allowed
> several IP addresses access to all "ANY" or a "EXP" products. Is there
> anyway of setting our feedtype so that our product wont be available to
> servers with this open wild card product allow line ( in the downstream
> server ldmd.conf files).
>
> I am trying to figure out an alternative to setting up our own private
> exposed server for data dissemination.
>
> thanks,
> Sue

Regards,