[LDM #JVF-237504]: 6.11.4 segfault on RHEL6.4 64bit

Daryl,

So, there might be a bug in LDM 6.11.4.

Rather than re-installing LDM versions, why didn't you change the "runtime"
symbolic link in the LDM user's home directory?

When you re-installed 6.11.4, did you change any compilation or link options?

And no, this ticket is definitely not closed: it just gets set that way when
the response ball is in the user's court.

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Unidata LDM Support wrote:
>
> > [Sorry for taking so long to respond. I was in an AWIPS-II administration
> > workshop all week.]
>
> No need to appologize for helping...
>
> > Was the LDM version 6.11.4?
>
> Yes.
>
> > The core-dump indicates that the binary is newer than the core file.
> > This is bad because the stack trace can't, therefore, be trusted.
>
> The reason was that once LDM crashed, I did a 'make install' on the
> previous version to get me back and running.  I then attempted to run gdb
> and realized I needed 6.11.4 in place for it to work.  So I did 'make
> install' on 6.11.4 , ran gdb , and then did 'make install' again on the
> older version.
>
> > Is there any chance I could log onto Iem21 as the LDM user?
>
> Sorry, that won't work.
>
> > Ticket ID: JVF-237504
> > Department: Support LDM
>
> Is this ticket really closed?
>
> daryl
>
> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Regards,
Steve Emmerson