[NOAAPORT #BHX-452315]: LDM weirdness

Hi Paul,

We think that we have finally figured out why the real-time stats
plots for climate.cod.edu are weird:  there is more than one
machine reporting rtstats as climate.cod.edu!

We know that there is more than one machine reporting rtstats
as climate.cod.edu because we see that some rtstats reports
indicate that they come from LDM-6.10.1 and others indicate
that they come from LDM-6.11.1.

We have logged into all machines listed in the siteindex page of
the rtstats portion of our website:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

The machines listed are:

cdstats.cod.edu [6.10.1]
climate.cod.edu [6.10.1]
noaaport.cod.edu [6.10.1]
noaaportold.cod.edu [6.9.7]
weather.cod.edu [6.11.2]

and verified that none of these machines is running more than one
copy of 'rtstats'.

Also, if one refreshes our rtstats siteindex page every few seconds, s/he will
eventually see that the LDM indicated for climate.cod.edu flips back and
forth between 6.10.1 and 6.11.1:

cdstats.cod.edu [6.10.1]
climate.cod.edu [6.11.1]
noaaport.cod.edu [6.10.1]
noaaportold.cod.edu [6.9.7]
weather.cod.edu [6.11.2]

This flip-flop is due to our receiving some rtstats for
climate.cod.edu/6.10.1 and others for climate.cod.edu/6.11.1.

We theorize that climate.cod.edu may have been cloned without changing
name that it uses to report rtstats.

So, the question to you is:

- are you running two (or more) machines at COD that are each reporting rtstats
  as climate.cod.edu?

  If yes, you should change the second (third, fourth, etc.) instances to
  report under a different name.

  If no, it appears that someone else is reporting rtstats as climate.cod.edu.

Ticket ID: BHX-452315
Department: Support NOAAPORT