[LDM #MBG-654954]: Clustering

Hi Leo,

re:
> Looking on
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.11.2/basics/source-install-steps.html
>
> I see where it is recommended to choose a 64-bit environment.

Correct.

re:
> It we
> decide to use the binaries instead of compiling the source code, were
> the binaries compiled using a 64-bit or 32-bit system?

Where would get LDM binaries?

Comments:

- as far as I can tell, we do not make binary releases for current
  versions of the LDM

  We used to a LONG time ago, but we stopped the practice because
  we found that those releases were problematical.

- we feel that it is better to build high-performance packages like
  the LDM from source on the machine on which the package will be
  run

- it strikes us that users concerned with security would rather
  build the package from source code so that they can review the
  source code to make sure that the package does not have any
  security holes

Ticket ID: MBG-654954
Department: Support LDM