[Support #VOV-751174]: Re: [ldm-users] Problems getting data from idd.aos.wisc.edu

Pete,

This is the first I've seen of your ticket. I suspect it might have been
misfiled.

> Not sure the best way for me to
> determine what redundant/unnecessary feeds I am sending?

If you're running 6.11.3, then you shouldn't have any redundant, upstream LDM
processes sending outgoing data.

You can list the upstream LDM processes via the uldbutil(1) utility. Just
execute the command "uldbutil".

> Also with the
> whole primary/alternate system now, I see a lot of flipping back and
> forth, maybe some of that has something to do with it also?

The switching of transmission modes by a downstream LDM process is perfectly
normal. Just ignore those log messages.

> Are you losing data from me right now? I compiled ldm 6.11.3 on one of
> my other boxes (tempest2.aos.wisc.edu) and as far as I can tell, it is
> able to get data just fine from idd.aos.wisc.edu when idd.aos.wisc.edu
> is running 6.11.2 as it currently is.

The latency plot
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+idd.aos.wisc.edu>
 doesn't have the time axis labeled. Does the problem relate to the three large
spikes in latency on the right side of the plot?

> Very strange. I have not yet heard back from the Unidata folks, will be
> interesting to get their take on it. I notice that idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> and many other unidata ldm's are still version 6.8.0. Only one a few
> running 6.10 or 6.11.x

Yeah. We need to eat more of our own dog food. :-)

> Pete
> --
> Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
> UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> 608-262-3086  - address@hidden

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VOV-751174