[LDM #TIC-838672]: ldm-6.11.2 configure error under Solaris 10 x86

Hi Steve,

When attempting to run configure for LDM 6.11.2 on unidata2-new in
the 'antldm' account, I get the following error:

/opt/antldm/ldm-6.11.2/src% ./configure --enable-logging=local3
--enable-port=389
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/csw/bin/ginstall -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /opt/csw/bin/gmkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`/opt/antldm/ldm-6.11.2/src':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

Since I thought that this was some sort of a problem with the build
environment (C compiler, etc.), I let Mike know about it last Friday.
This morning I decided to see if the same problem would present itself
when building LDM 6.9.7 in the same account on the same machine (reason?
LDM-6.9.7 was already unpacked and ready to test).  Interestingly, the
problem did not occur for the same 'configure' invocation in LDM 6.9.7
as it did in LDM 6.11.2.

Do you have any idea about what could be causing the problem?

NB: the login for 'antldm' is the same as for 'ldm'