[LDM #FPL-315733]: Determining data from upstream host

Hi Julie,

re:
> How can I determine what data I am receiving from an upstream host?  For
> example, let's say I have two entries in my ldmd.conf:
>
> REQUEST ANY .*  some.place.edu
>
> REQUEST ANY (.*) some.other.edu
>

> When I do an ldmadmin watch I can see what products I am receiving, but
> is there a way to tell which product is coming from which source?

Yes, there is a way: use the LDM 'pqcat' facility as follows:

<as 'ldm'>
pqcat -vl- -O -f ANY > /dev/null

Comments:

- the '-O' (capital O) flag says to show product origin (which is exactly
  what you want)

- the '-vl-' flag says to write the logging output to STDOUT

- the > /dev/null is there to write the products matched to the bitbucket
  (otherwise they would be written to STDOUT)

- you could add a '-p pattern' flag to limit the set of products if
  you want to see information for all products

- more information on 'pqcat' is available via 'man pqcat'

Ticket ID: FPL-315733
Department: Support LDM